Job Type: Full Time, Temporary – 13-Month Term
Edmonton Unlimited delivers programs, community engagement, and support for accelerators to propel Edmonton, and Alberta, forward. By coordinating with a variety of stakeholders, the organization ensures a rich ecosystem that supports entrepreneurial experimentation and big leaps of faith to achieve Edmonton’s audacious goals.
Now, more than ever, innovation is an important part of Edmonton’s future economy. As the public face of this initiative, Edmonton Unlimited has a tremendous opportunity to continue building on the strengths of an active, diverse, and inclusive entrepreneurial community.
- Reporting to the VP, Marketing & Community Relations, the Manager, Research is a hands‐on role responsible for managing research, insights, and analysis as that relates to the innovation ecosystem, innovation policy, monitoring, and reporting results. This role is key for positioning Edmonton as a vibrant urban innovation capital by contributing to the development of innovative programs and services and monitoring the impact and value of Edmonton’s innovation ecosystem for the benefit of companies, the city, the province, and broader innovation goals. The successful candidate is creative and data-driven, comfortable utilizing data to shape informed decisions, and is ingrained in Edmonton’s innovation ecosystem.
Your Key Accountabilities:
- Actively supports community engagement while promoting equitable, diverse, and inclusive innovation communities, and contributes to Edmonton Unlimited’s ongoing pursuit of Reconciliation and inclusive innovation.
- Contributes to the development of a holistic research strategy, including individual research projects.
- In-depth knowledge of primary and secondary research methodologies, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data plus experience in the execution of complex and multi-phased research projects.
- Provides pleasing, well designed, and easy to understand visualizations of data and analysis, including infographics and other publication-worthy charts, graphs, etc.
- Manages the annual research calendar.
- Tracks and reports on research activities, progress, and outcomes.
- Project-manages research projects including creating and managing plans, schedules, budgets, deliverables, and stakeholder engagement.
- Manages the process for, and contributes to, the selection of external research partners, where applicable.
- Manages the day-to-day relationships with external research and ecosystem partners, for example, Edmonton Global and City of Edmonton, where applicable.
- Contributes to and manages performance measurements and metrics in the annual business plan on each of Edmonton Unlimited’s core strategies.
- Maintains effective and proactive relationships with external organizations, I.e., Statistics Canada, Start Alberta, Startup Genome, and others that provide third-party data and analysis.
- Tracks, interprets, and distributes relevant research conducted by third-party organizations to internal stakeholders.
- Manages the creation of research reports and presentations, collaborating with stakeholders on design and production.
- Supports the creation and production of original content for dissemination via the Edmonton Unlimited website, social channels, publications, and other media.
- Manages the EDGI (Edmonton’s Great Innovations) platform for research and insights into the Edmonton Innovation ecosystem.
- Contributes to and/or directly participates in the presentation of findings.
- Identifies and supports strategic opportunities that align with the strategic goals of the business.
- Provides quick turn around on one-off research requests from senior management, in support of proposals, reports, public talks and other priorities.
- Graduate degree in business, market research, marketing, economics, statistics, or related field.
- CMRP or similar designation considered an asset.
- 5+ years of market research experience, with 1-2 years directly overseeing research planning, statistical analysis, and project management.
- Expert analytical skills, including the ability to distill useful findings from a body of data and relating findings to business strategies for use in decision making.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effectively and persuasively.
- Competency in digital applications, including familiarity with data analysis software such as MS Excel, SPSS and Wincross.
- Excels in a start‐up environment with flat organizational structure and strong interdepartmental collaboration.
- Innovator by nature.
Edmonton Unlimited is cultivating a diverse and collaborative work culture that supports and celebrates innovation at all levels. We continuously strive for excellence, attracting top-talent, and are committed to providing team members meaningful and challenging work in an open and inclusive environment.
How to Apply:
Your resume and cover letter can be submitted to email@example.com. Please be sure to address the role of innovation in your life and work.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Edmonton Unlimited is committed to a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. As an equal opportunity, equal pay, and equal rights employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.